Possible Damage Caused by Refuse Truck
Residents should call 775-2482 to report possible damage caused by the refuse truck. Solid Waste foreman will make site visit to investigate reported property damage and contact resident within 1 – 2 days. If it is determined that the refuse truck caused damage, repair will be scheduled. Repair time depends on current fence repair backlog.
If it is determined that down cables or wires caused by the refuse truck, results in property damage, then after the Solid Waste foreman completes the investigation, the property owner will be required to file a claim with the City Secretary. Non-Emergency
- Fence damage determined to be caused by refuse truck – Solid Waste has a crew that is able to repair minor damage to wood and chain link fencing. The process for repairing damage to brick or cinder block fencing will require a claim to be filed with the City Secretary.
- Low electrical, telephone or cable wires – Solid Waste attempts to report these to the appropriate utility company.
- Downed telephone or cable wires – Solid Waste reports these to the appropriate utility company.
- Other damage – Solid Waste foreman makes a site visit to investigate property damage and determine if damage was caused by refuse truck. Foreman will leave department contact information if no one is at home. Property owner will be required to file a claim with the City Secretary.
- PRIORITY will be given for fence damage caused by refuse truck when residents have dogs or other pets in the yard.
- Electrical Wires – live wires down. Call LP&L 806-775-2587 or 806-775-2482.
- Gas Meter – leaking gas. Call ATMOS at 1-800-692-4694 or 806-775-2482.
- Water Meter – water leaking. Call 806-775-2482.