The camping facilities at Lake Alan Henry are located in the Sam Wahl Recreation Area and are primitive. We do not offer drinking water hook-ups or electrical hook-ups. All use is first-come, first-serve.
Campsites consist of 50 numbered dirt spaces on dirt roads located NORTH and SOUTH of the paved parking lot (see map below). For your safety, please camp only at numbered spaces unless directed by a law enforcement official. We have recently added the following amenities to 32 of the 50 campsites:
- Concrete Pad
- Metal Shelter
- Picnic Table
- Fire Ring
- Lantern Holders
A daily camping permit is required and can be purchased from the Lake Alan Henry permit office. For Lubbock residents, the cost is $5/day Monday-Thursday and $8/day Friday-Sunday. Non-Lubbock residents are required to pay $7/day Monday-Thursday and $10/day Friday-Sunday.
- DO NOT camp on any paved surface.
- Be advised that campsites will be muddy in wet weather.
- Generator use is allowed overnight only on the NORTH side of the parking lot.
- Generators may be used at campsites on the SOUTH side of the parking lot, but they must be shut off during the quiet time of 10 pm-5 am.
- Rest Rooms and Showers are located on the South West sides of the parking lot.
- A potable water hose bib is located on the North West corner of the parking lot.
- A campsite map can be obtained at the permit office.