Facebook User Agreement
The City of Lubbock intends to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue. In that spirit, the rules for posting external comments on Facebook maintain a productive and open forum for community discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers, while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. Moderation will take place during the City of Lubbock's normal business hours. Posted comments must comply with the following regulations:
- Comments must be civil and may not contain slanderous, libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane, or insulting language.
- References to the personality of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted.
- Comments must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
- Comments cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Comments containing links to other web sites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Comments cannot serve electoral campaign purposes.
- Political messages will not be published.
- Participants are responsible for what they post.
- Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality, or copyright.
- Comments by external parties on City of Lubbock Facebook page are not official public testimony concerning any project or program. An opinion expressed on the City of Lubbock's Facebook page is posted for discussion only and is not a substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process. The City of Lubbock’s Facebook page is not a forum to submit open record requests.