Radio Controlled Model Airplanes
The City of Lubbock Parks and Recreation Department is pleased to offer individuals the opportunity to fly their radio-controlled model airplanes at Lt. Col. George Andrew Davis, Jr. Field, located at 15th Street and Inler Avenue (FM 179). A permit to fly radio-controlled model airplanes is required at a cost of $10 per year.
Permits can be purchased year round at the Parks and Recreation Office, 1010 9th Street, open Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- All individuals flying radio-controlled model airplanes at the designated area must have a permit issued by the Parks and Recreation Department.
Cost: $10 Annually
- All persons shall be required to become either a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (A.M.A.) or to have liability coverage of $300,000.
- Absolutely no flying over persons in the spectator or pit areas.
- Use of flags and control pins is mandatory.
- Stay off runway at all times.
- All flyers should stay to the west of the runway.
- The flying field shall be under the control of the Parks and Recreation Department. Any violation of these rules can result in the revoking of the flying permit.