Stage 2 Drought Restrictions
Due to persistent drought conditions, the City will enter into Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan.
Mandatory irrigation restrictions associated with Stage 2 include:
- Landscape Irrigation allowed only once per week
- No irrigation can occur between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Irrigation must be limited to 1 1/2 inches of water per week
- Irrigation must be without significant runoff
- New plant material may be irrigated more frequently for a limited time if a variance request is applied for and approved by the City
- Hand watering (holding the water hose in your hand), drip irrigation, and soaker hoses are allowed at any time on any day
- Everyone connected to the City's water system must adhere to restrictions
Irrigation schedules will be based on the last digit of the house/business address as follows:
0 or 9 Monday
3 or 4 Thursday
5 or 6 Friday
7 or 8 Saturday
Mandatory "non-essential water use" restrictions associated with Stage 2 include
- Refrain from or significantly limit the use of water to wash any kind of vehicle
- No spray down of hard surfaced areas
- No spray down of buildings
- No flushing gutters
- Refrain from or significantly limit the use of water in fountains or ponds except to support aquatic life.
To report a violation of these restrictions or to leave a complaint about water runoff, please call the Water Wasting Hotline at (806) 775-3952.
The City of Lubbock is currently in Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan. There are four stages in the plan that require certain conditions be met before the next stage is implemented. You can learn more about the stages and their restrictions in the City's Drought Contingency Plan.