Airport Travel Tips
August 13, 2014, 10:08 AM
August 31, 2014, 12:00 AM
Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport wants travelers to have the best experience possible as they prepare to take flight from LBB. Here are a few tips that should help while navigating the trip to the airport.
Before You Leave for the Airport
- Pack wisely – make sure there are no prohibited items in your carry-on luggage and no valuable items or medications in your checked bags.
- If flying with bags used for hunting or hobbies, make sure no unintended prohibited items remain.
- Label your luggage so your name is plainly visible.
- Visit www.tsa.gov or download the TSA app for information on permitted and prohibited items, 3-1-1 for carry-ons, traveling with food or gifts, and more.
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 90 minutes before flight, especially during peak times. Peak travel times are typically during the early morning. (6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.)
- Confirm the status of your flight with your airline before coming to the airport.
- Visit your airline’s website to check-in for your future flight. Also, ask your airline how long before departure it stops accepting checked luggage.
- Print your boarding pass or select an electronic boarding pass in advance.
- Bring government-issued photo ID to the airport for all adult passengers.
- If you did not check-in online before coming to the airport, use a self-service kiosk to check-in at the airport to save some time.
- If you are checking a bag for your flight, you will need to drop off your bags at the ticket counter whether you checked-in online or at the airport.
- If you did check-in online before leaving for the airport, have your boarding pass, and are not checking a bag, you can go directly to the TSA security line without visiting the ticket counter.
- Allow more time to check-in if you are traveling with infants, young children, elderly passengers, or people with disabilities.