Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I get my immunization record?
We do not keep every person's immunization record on file. We have access to the ImmTrac registry and can access only records of those who have consented to have their immunization record stored there. If you are not in ImmTrac you can try asking your parents or contacting you current or previous physician. Schools, daycares, and most colleges and universities require immunization records to be on file for all those enrolled. They usually keep records for several years after a person leaves. If you cannot get your immunization record from these sources, you may have to be revaccinated.

How do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

Birth and Death Certificates are obtained through Vital Statistics. They are now located at City Hall, 1625 13th St and can be contacted at (806) 775-2926 for more information. 

Can my friend pick up my birth certificate?
Only a Qualified Applicant may pick up birth certificates. (Qualified Applicants: parent, brother, sister, grandparent, power of attorney).  Vital Statistics is now located at City Hall, 1625 13th St. and may be contacted at (806) 775-2926.

Do you have a dental clinic?

No, the dental clinic is no longer here. All the equipment has been transferred to the Presbyterian Center. For more information, call (806) 747-2741.

Is this the State Health Department?
No, this is the City Health Department. You can reach the local branch of Texas Department of State Health Services at (806) 744-3577.

Where do I call to have my home inspected for foster care?
Please contact Environmental Inspection Services at (806) 775-2928.  They are now located at City Hall, 1625 13th St. 
What time is the Immunization Clinic open?
The times for the Immunization Clinic varies. Call (806) 775-2914 for a listing of clinic hours.

How much does it cost to be seen in the STD clinic?
The cost is $20/visit plus an additional $10 fee for physician evaluation/treatment. For more information visit the STD/HIV Clinic page.
How do I get a food permit?
Contact Environmental Inspection Services at (806) 775-2928 if you are within the city limits. Call the Texas Department of State Health Services, Region 1 at (806) 744-3577 if you are outside the city limits.