Stash the Trash
Keep Lubbock Beautiful annual educational campaign for “Stash the Trash” is an effort to address the problem of litter in Lubbock. Trash on the streets, in parks, alleys, and yards makes the Lubbock community look unattractive, but more importantly it is unsanitary. Trash all around is unhealthy for people, animals and the environment. We need our parks and neighborhoods to be free of trash. The City of Lubbock needs to be a place where families want to live and play. All it takes is for each person to remember to pick up after themselves.
Students can help by drawing a picture that reminds people to be responsible and to place their trash in the trash can or dumpster. We know students can make a difference by sharing their ideas of how to communicate “Stash the Trash and Keep Lubbock Beautiful” with our community.
- Schools/Art students (K-12); Boys and Girls Clubs, Scouts, etc.
- Use 11 X 14 inch poster board, art paper, foam core board, etc. (no mats)
- The artwork must include Stash the Trash and Keep Lubbock Beautiful
- Include the following information on the back of the artwork- please print:
- Name of artist
- Grade level
- Name of School/Club
- Art Teacher or Point of Contact 1) name 2) email 3) phone number
Deadline for all entries:
- Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Location to drop off the entries: City of Lubbock, Sanitation building at 208 Municipal Drive, second floor, Keep Lubbock Beautiful
- Winning entries are showcased at the Lubbock Arts Festival, Saturday – Sunday, April 22 - 23, 2017, in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.
Monetary Prizes, Certificates, Marketing on Solid Waste Equipment (ie truck and/or dumpsters)
a. Grand First Prize $100.00 award, certificate and artwork displayed on solid waste truck.
b. Grand Second Prize $75.00 award, certificate
c. Grand Third Prize $50.00 award, certificate
Use of entry designs: Submitted designs may be used for the City of Lubbock, Keep Lubbock Beautiful promotional items, City News Channel, Keep Lubbock Beautiful web site, etc
Questions: Contact Raquel Mullen, Keep Lubbock Beautiful at (806) 775-3149, email@example.com